"Shooting From Angles Not Covered By Any Other Blogs"

Monday, November 5, 2007

Out-of-Sync Gadget Transformed Into Defensive Machine

After the Rangers collective contraption blew a gasket against the Ottawa Senators on October 13, when they gave up 3 goals in 52 seconds, I described them as being “like a rich kid’s rendition of an out-of-sync gadget thrown together for a science class project”. Link to October 13 article.

This description* actually made a Philadelphia Flyers fan (JD FLYGUY) write: “You have no idea how much that made my day. I think I have a new favorite quote. That's pure genius”. Link to JD FLYGUY’s quote (in comments section).

The irony is that after shutting out the Flyers 2-0 tonight, the Rangers seemingly out-of-control science project is beginning to resemble a defensive Frankenstein, which was masterminded by a mad hockey genius.

Having given up only 2 goals in their last 4 games, 8 goals in their last 8 games, and a league low 23 goals in 14 games, the Rangers find themselves as the league’s top defensive team with a GAA of 1.64.

The Rangers, who’ve amazingly also scored a league low 1.78 goals per game, have obviously found the answer to their season-long offensively offensive woes—the best offense is a good defense, combined with a royal goalie (King Henrik Lundquist).

Humorist’s Hindsight: In the NOT DEAD YET category, Brendan Shanahan is trying to bury the October 17 pronouncement by myself and former Rangers statistician, Nomar Goles, that his goal scoring ability is “dead”. Shanahan has scored 3 goals in his last 4 games, including resurrecting his patented one-timer against the Flyers tonight.

In figuratively trying to stay off the “corpses’ cart” that was immortalized in the classic film, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Shanahan has not only proclaimed his goal scoring as being “not dead yet” with his recent surge, but he was also overheard after tonight’s game saying, “I feel happy. I feel happy”.

*The original quote that JD FLYGUY responded to was “like a rich kid’s rendition of a gadget thrown together for a science class project”. I later added “out-of-sync”.

2 comments:

The Dark Ranger said...

Great to hear from you HH, and in great form, no less. The Dark Ranger is literally stuck in the Dallas Admirals Club waiting out another delay and laughing out loud reading your post. The Texans just don't understand. I tried to talk Dallas Stars with some of these really fat guys around me and all they know is Dancin' With the Stars (please...enough Eric Lindros jokes7.
Surrounded by fat guys knowing I will now miss the game tonight (though being taped) I do hope you'll follow up with a victorious reporting of tonight's game. If you do, I'd like to post it on my blog. If not, cool.

Keep writing HH...miss the day to day!

Let's Go Rangers!!!

Anonymous said...

It is extremely interesting for me to read that post. Thank author for it. I like such topics and everything that is connected to this matter. I definitely want to read more soon.
Alex
Phone jammer